Manager, Software Program Management (Platform Development, WAN
HOLTSVILLE NY 11742
We are looking for a software program manager who is responsible for end-to-end SW platform development to support a portfolio of mobile computer products. The candidate will lead product development teams geographically in multiple time zones for requirement scoping, project planning, program execution and status reporting. The job responsibility requires both technical understanding such as embedded systems with SW/HW integration, wireless technologies (WLAN/NFC/WAN/BT), WAN regulatory/carrier certification and managerial capability including developing project plan, driving engineering teams' execution, risk & issue management, problem solving and project status communication to both project teams and to senior management. You are also responsible for working with Product Management, system engineering and SW architect to define the product, solidify the business case, and prioritize features.
1. Responsible for platform Software development execution involving bring-up and commercialization of new platform chipset architectures. Work with global engineering teams to deliver SW capability and features for New Product Introduction with schedule and cost constraints. Be able to work with the business function to rationalize and negotiate feature content with a SW release roadmap
2. Lead execution of platform SW BSP development inclusive of requirements creation, architecture determination, feature roadmap development, SW development execution, product validation, defect backlog triage and product release readiness assessment
3. Responsible for adherence to program plan and budgets for large projects. Recommend corrective actions and implement changes. Identify and mitigate risks; develop and implement risk mitigation plans.
4. Possess WAN/cellular domain knowlege and proven experience with managing 3rd party labs for WAN certification (PTCRB/GCF, AT&T/Verizon).
5. Use quantitative and predictive modeling in program plan creation and manage program execution
6. Team leadership for Agile cross functional product development teams. Contribute and promote the development of agile skillset and capabilities within the wider Zebra EVM organization.
7. Organize, present, and document technical and program reviews/status to Senior Management
8. Contract creation and negotiation with SW suppliers and partners
9. Motivates project team to ensure optimal performance
10. Develop and protect intellectual property; be well versed with IP fundamentals.
11. Explore and understand competitive landscape in both product and business terms. May assist in the development of business plans, strategies, and approaches to take advantage of business opportunities.
1. BS/MS Electrical Engineering or Computer Science degree with 10+ years SW Engineering/Program management experience for products in fast paced environment
2. Full engineering/PMO leadership responsibility for at least five significant delivered-to-market product development cycles in high performance, mobile hand-held electronics industries.
3. Experience with Mobile Platform Software Development, involving SW and HW integration of Qualcomm chipset/architecture bring up and product commercialization
4. Experience with software development best practices including Agile, TDD and Continuous Integration
5. Experience with managing ODM/JDM/ODC R&D partners developing mobile handheld products
6. Excellent communication (written and oral) skills and collaborate effectively with proven interpersonal skills. Must be able to build and sustain relationship with development partners
7. Experience working independently and as part of a team to solve difficult technical, quality, cost, and schedule challenges
8. Experience with team building, collaboration, and managing resources - both domestically and international, inside and outside of Zebra
9. Able to travel internationally to India, Canada and Taiwan
Refer a Friend
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share with your network
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at 847.793.6772.
The EEO is the Law poster is available. The EEO is the Law poster supplement is available.
**Job ID** _44286_